Friday, June 1, 2012

Desert Wildlife





You'll have to click on the picture to see it better, but this coyote crossed the street right in front of our car when we were coming through the neighborhood around 2 p.m.  We stopped to watch him, and another one crossed the road too.

With such high temperatures here (109 degrees) today, I do feel sorry for them as far as being able to find water.  I know there are plenty of rabbits for them to catch for dinner, but water is harder to find.

If you own pets, please make sure they have adequate shelter and water during these hot summer temperatures!  Keep them inside as they don't have the ability to sweat like people do, and they can get very easily dehydrated!


4 comments:

Sharon said...

I'm just not sure I would like living in a place with such high temperatures. Maybe in the winter but not so much in the summer. Definitely a hard environment for animals to live in.

BeadedTail said...

I always feel bad for the wildlife having to endure those temps since they can't go inside the A/C. I hope they found some water!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

hope he finds sum water N ....roadrunners :) !!!!

meowlo's wile e.

Sandydc said...

I lived in Southern California for the first eight years of my life before moving back east with my family. Whenever we would drive east, we always started late at night so we wouldn't have to drive through the desert in the day time. Looking at your photos, I'm beginning to understand why!

Sandy