Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Time Stood Still

Does anybody really know what time it is?

Even if you walk down my hallway, you still won't know the time of day based on these vintage pocket watches!   I had a collection of pocket watches from various relatives, and they were stashed away never to be seen.  Some of them are very pretty with inscriptions and dainty designs, so I thought it would make a nice display.

We brought the coat rack with us from Kentucky - Ted made it, and I really like it and wanted to use it somewhere in the house, but I didn't want it for hats or coats.  I knew it would be perfect for my pocket watch collection!  There is one compass in the mix, and a small tie clasp that belonged to my Dad.



I think it is a fun way to display some pieces from the past!  What goodies do you have in your closets and drawers that would double as home decor?


6 comments:

Kathy Miller said...

I like it! And you have some beautiful watches. I have a collection of cameras, but I need a case with doors due to also having a collection of cats.

Heather S. said...

What a great way to display all those wonderful watches.

laura back east said...

these are really neat ..I love the last one; face within the face; is it a "seconds" timer ?

Laura said...

It must be a seconds timer, Laura. None of these tickers are working at the present time (LOL), so I'm not positive!

Snowdrops said...

Love the display !!

BeadedTail said...

That looks like a great display! It's wonderful you're able to enjoy the watches by seeing them rather then them being tucked away. With a table or chair underneath it'd be a great cat toy too! :)