Thursday, May 31, 2012

Hatfields & McCoys

Last night we finished watching the Hatfields & McCoys special on the History channel.




They sure were a violent bunch.  And while I'm from the south and have been told it is quite evident from my accent, I will say these hillbillies were difficult to understand - like they had a mouthful of marbles.

I did a little family tree searching on the McCoys because Ted's grandmother's maiden name was McCoy.  They came from the same neck of the woods - West Virginia area.

The patriarch of the feuding McCoys was named William.  I was able to trace Ted's family back to a William McCoy who came from Ireland and was born in 1746.  However, it wasn't the same William.  It was interesting to see how many of the family members married two or three times, and had a lot of children.

Did you watch the show?  What did you think about it?


 

3 comments:

da tabbies o trout towne said...

didn't see this...My TV is on for "channel viewing" during the amazing race only and then it's back to DVD's..but I CAN say mark and bopper who hailed from manchester, KY were two of the shows coolest contestants by far yet....they are best friends and it showed in the way they treated each other during the race. they were america's favorite as well; sadly they didn't make the final three but I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of them !

da tabbies o trout towne said...

and here is the rest of my post I thought I was with the first part....and while this doesn't have anything to do with the hatfields and mccoys, I had to give my "plug" for your ole home state !!!!!

BeadedTail said...

We had meant to watch this show but forgot all about it! Hope we can catch it on On Demand or somewhere too!