Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Hawk Eye!

Ted and I took a 4 mile hike yesterday through a section of the McDowell Preserve which is near our house. He has seen two hawks on different days, and we saw them again yesterday so they must have a nest in a nearby tree.

Then later we had a hawk flying overhead, and we got these pictures. They are such beautiful creatures! He was pretty high in the sky, so I can just imagine how big that wing span must be. I love the way the light shines through his tail!




This guy appears to be a red-tailed hawk! No bunnies or rodents were harmed during our sighting!


3 comments:

Snowdrops said...

We have the Red Tails here... its rare not to see several each day. They have a wingspan of around 4 feet... and are great falconry birds. I used to fly one in England. Beautiful birds... beautiful photos.

Liz Owen said...

Such beautiful photos! And thanks for stopping by my blog to leave a comment, I appreciate it!

Hugs,
Liz

Da tabbies o trout towne said...

=^~~^=
............