Monday, February 13, 2012

Cat Room Continued

I have neglected my blog and not been very good about posting besides my Speechless Sunday posts. Between all the house projects, sewing for my Cat in the Clover Etsy shop, and being outside enjoying the beautiful Arizona weather, my blog has taken a backseat!

I wanted to show you the finished craft table. Remember this Speechless Sunday post? Well, there were two bookcases that had to be assembled. These bookcases form the support for the craft table top. The top was purchased at Home Depot. Ted routed the edges to give them a rounded look, and then it was painted with leftover paint that matches the walls in the room.

Ted then screwed the top to the bookcases, and I now have an awesome workspace for cutting out fabric!

One bookcase holds all my vintage books . . . . . from Dr. Seuss, Nancy Drew . . . . to Little Golden Books, and of course, cat books!

The other bookcase is perfect for those fabric cubes which gives extra storage!

This weekend my handy hubby installed two shelves in the closet for me - one on each side.

I'm a happy crafter now! I took out the fat rod that holds clothes, and used a smaller dowel rod in its place. I threaded spools of ribbon on to the dowel rod - don't you love it? I do!

The room feels complete now, and I'm off to do more sewing!

3 comments:

Archie and Melissa said...

i love it laura!
what a great space you have created!
xoxoxo
m

Snowdrops said...

Dont you just love it when it all comes together ! Looks great !

Laura back east said...

Ted has done a nice job...I've got a sink that's messed up if he's into plumbing !!!!!