Friday, January 27, 2012

Five Years

We saw this in Las Vegas last year and it made me think of my parents. They were founders of the Red Bench Gang. Two red benches sat in their side yard, and in the summer every evening after dinner, the neighbors would gather at the red benches and solve the problems of the world.

Five years ago I said goodbye to my Dad. I remember that moment as if it had happened yesterday, and yet it also seems like a lifetime ago. I recently came across a blog entry that was written by the son of some very good friends and neighbors of my parents. I'm sure I read this five years ago but with everything that was going on, I had forgotten about it.

It's nice to see your parents through the eyes of others - especially someone younger than myself. Thank you, Pat, for remembering my Dad in such a nice way.

Here is that blog entry if you have time to read it!


4 comments:

Pegasus said...

what a great shot! You probably come across things that remind you of him every day.

Dolberry! said...

Thanks for the memories. Your dad was a great guy.

Snowdrops said...

Oh Laura...

That made me cry... it was a beautiful tribute. SO lovely to see those we love ... also loved by others...
Hugssss

da tabbies o trout towne said...

A very nice tribute to your dad
:)