Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Wishing you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving! This picture is circa 1963 and features my Dad and my Aunt Laura. I think we are waiting for the bird to get up and walk out of the room!

My Dad loved Thanksgiving! My Mom always stuffed the bird, and Dad like to pretend he was a surgeon. After I moved away from home, I would get a phone call every Thanksgiving morning telling me not to call the house because he was getting ready to go into surgery!

We had many memorable Thanksgivings - from custard pies that Aunt Verna brought every year that we all hated, but ate anyway . . . . . . the sink disposal backing up at clean up time . . . . . . the year everything had raisins in it . . . . . . the year the turkey took forever to get done . . . . and of course, my family, who I dearly miss.

I'm thinking of them today and thankful to have had them in my life - Mom, Dad, Grandma, Grandpa, Phyllis, Laura, Johnny, Verna, Ed, and Ted Sr.

Happy Thanksgiving!


1 comment:

Mary Beth Ruesch said...

I remember the year the turkey slid out of the oven on to the floor. It was a built in oven, so it had a long way to drop. It must have been about 1966. I can still hear my mother's scream! My dad had "turkey grease" stains on his leather slippers as a constant reminder. Oh how we laugh about it to this day.