Saturday, August 27, 2011

Surprise, Surprise, Surprise!

Howdy pardner! We had a rip roarin', hootin' tootin' fun time last night at the surprise birthday party for Caroline (my friend's daughter).


There is nothin' I like more than planning a good 'ole fun party with teenagers, and these kids really got into the spirit of the western theme. Here they are waiting for the guest of honor to arrive so we can all yell, YEE HAW!



And here is Caroline arriving on the party bus! See that big smile? She is so happy to be doing something other than going to a boring dinner with her parents!




My, they shine up nice, don't they?



And here is proof that teenagers will do what they are told. I said, look up to the sky, and they did it! I'll never believe another parent when they tell me that their kids don't listen to them!




There was plenty of goofin' around!




The #1 requirement for a good party is lots of activity - we had it all goin' on - ginormous checkers . . . . .


Horseshoe pitchin' . . . . . . .




A cornhole tournament . . . . . . .




Lasso twirlin' . . . . .




Sign these kids up for the rodeo . . . . . .




And lots of good cowboy grub . . . . . .



It was an awesome night, and I really enjoyed spending the evening with a great group of young adults! Happy Birthday, Caroline!




1 comment:

Archie and Melissa said...

oh my gosh laura!
how fun is that!
great photos!!!