Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Big Move!

One month from today, I'll be in a car with five cats moving across the country to Arizona! While I am excited about this next chapter in our lives, I am sad to be leaving my Red Hot friends who have been such an important part of my life for the fifteen years we've been in Kentucky.

Last night, they surprised me by throwing a farewell party! I told them there is a one-surprise-party-per-Red-Hot (they also gave me a surprise party for my 50th birthday), but they don't listen to me!

Ted was in on it. The original plan was to have a party in August, but when I surprised them at the moving sale by saying I was leaving in July, they flew into action and moved up the party! Here I am with our Lead Duck, who hosted the party at her house.


After chowing down on some yummy food, they decided to get me back for all the games and foolishness I've made them do over the years. They each prepared a game, and I was the only one who played!


There was a trivia game about Arizona, a word search for all the Red Hots, a Mad Lib game, two Don't Forget the Lyrics games involving Donny Osmond songs, and a dice game from Minute to Win It!







And we can't forget B-I-N-G-O. Mylinda only has 45,000 bingo cards to get rid of - we'll be 90 and still playing B-I-N-G-O!



Those Donny song lyrics were not easy to remember!



We went outside to enjoy some of the Kentucky humidity, and they presented me with a fabulous scrapbook. Of course, that is when the floodgates of my eyes opened!













These special ladies are like sisters to me. We have shared many laughs, tears, and lots of craziness through the years!



Thank you Doreen, Mylinda, Peggy, Barb, Phyllis, Pam, Karen, and Sharon for adding more wonderful memories to my life! It was a night I won't forget!

Once a Red Hot, always a Red Hot . . . . .






















6 comments:

Journey to ATLANTA! said...

How lovely to have such wonderful friends ...

A New England Life said...

That almost brought tears to my eyes too! What a special evening. I'm sure your friends are devastated at the prospect of you heading west.

I'm glad the evening was documented for your blog! All your friends did a wonderful job putting everything together.

Anonymous said...

Your Red Hots friends are going to miss you greatly, Laura. Thanks for sharing!

Sandy

Archie and Melissa said...

oh what a wonderful party laura!
miles will never keep you apart.
now you will have new beautiful places to share together!
thank you for sharing your party with all of us!
i am so excited for you, ted and the kitties!

Snowdrops said...

Good Luck Laura!!! Blessings to you. We have just 8 days ago done our marathon move to the dream place with no neighbours. NEVER again will I move.. this was the 15th time ...last time was trans Atlantic... this time was worse!

Be Well.Enjoy.... Love the land ...

Mikki said...

Brought tears to my eyes. Such a wonderful group of friends. Makes it hard to move away I'm sure.