Thursday, April 7, 2011

I Heart Goodwill!

Do you give stuff to Goodwill? I take lots of items to Goodwill - clothes, home decor, kitchen items, etc., etc., etc.! Well, I'm not too proud to say that shopping at Goodwill can be an adventure.

There is a Goodwill store nearby, and occasionally I'll stop in to check out their goodies. Today I hit the jackpot!

I've been looking for a small table that the cats can eat their dry food on. I can't put their bowls on the floor because Gleek isn't allowed to eat dry food. He gets urinary crystals when he eats dry food which causes him to be unable to pee (a very dangerous situation in boy cats). Anyway, he isn't a jumper, so I don't have to worry about him getting on the table.

I found this gem today! Perfect size . . . . . perfect height . . . . . . AND PERFECT PRICE! Yeah, baby, rub your eyes and read that again - sixteen buckaroos!
It is definitely an antique table which you can tell from the underneath side (sorry, but I didn't take a picture of that). Look at the cute detail on each corner!



And the precious painting on the top!



My first thought was to redo the entire thing, but now after cleaning it up, I'm thinking a little more distressing on the edges and legs, and it's ready to go!


Now, if you think $16 was the deal of the day, think again! Look at this adorable black and white purse - doesn't even look like it has been used!


Ann Taylor Loft . . . . . $3.00! How cute for summer . . . . . . if it would only get here!




What bargains have you found lately?

2 comments:

Dale, Jill, & Addie said...

Umm...WOW! You did great! Wanna shop for me???

Jill
(Cat Mommy to Truman)

Archie and Melissa said...

wow laura!
you definitely hit the jack pot!
i love good will giving and getting!
shopping there is always a wonderful adventure for me too!
we have so much in common my firend!
now if we could only find the magic tunnel that connects our two louisvilles together so that we could go shopping together right now!