Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Treasure Hunting!

There are quite a few flea market/bargain barn/peddler mall's in the area, and last week I went to one on the other side of town that I've never been to before. There were hundreds of booths, and I found one of those mirrored dresser trays.

My Mom used to have one on her dresser, and I don't know why I didn't keep it, but when I saw this one for $2.99, I grabbed it up. The mirror was in good shape, but I knew that gold tray had to go!

Some white spray paint did a great job of covering the ugly gold.


The backing was all nasty, so that got replaced with a piece of heavy cardboard.


I hot glued four marble like thingies that are flat on one side to each corner.


Add accessories, and this baby is ready for a dresser! What a nice, easy transformation!



Do you like going treasure hunting? One gal's trash is definitely another gal's treasure!




No comments: