Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Big Surprise!

A huge boxed arrived on Monday. You can imagine my surprise when I opened it and found this lovely portrait of Newman painted by Jill Hainer-Jones.

Over 80 Catster/Facebook friends (only three I've met in person) got together and commissioned this painting! Of course, I cried as I read the beautiful note that came with the painting:

You are always there for everyone. Always kind and supportive and fun and upbeat. We've watched you keep your chin up through such sad losses these last few years - Autumn, Spunky, Rocky, the incomparable Calvin, and most recently sweet Sugar. You've had such sadness and worry with the illnesses of Gleek and Violet. We all wanted to get together to do something special for you to try to show you how much we all love you and how much you mean to us. You are one in a million dear lady!


Newman likes it too!

I'm going out today to look for a frame. It is stunning, and Jill captured Newman perfectly. Words can describe how touched and thankful I am to all these wonderful ladies from Catster who have been like family to me!

Some people are skeptical that you can become friends with strangers via the internet, but I know for a fact that the wonderful ladies(and men)-behind-the-cats that I've met and known for several years over on Catster are great people who love their fur families. I'm honored to know them and the pets they love!

Thank you for the very special and gorgeous gift! I treasure it, and your friendships!





7 comments:

Patty Sumner said...

How precious and sweet! Blessings!

Phyllis said...

Oh my gosh...the portrait is just stunning. I used to paint pet portraits and know what goes into them.

How wonderful for your friends to show you how much they think of you. I don't know how I would react if somebody did this for me...probably die of a heart attack!

Mom of Edgar, Salem and Lucy said...

LOL! We are very glad you did NOT die of a heart attack! That certainly would not have been the reaction we were hoping for! Hee hee! Glad you love it!

Anonymous said...

It is immaculate! We are so happy for you!

Snowdrops said...

Yes.. you CAN become friends.. real true heartfilling friends. I met my soul mate and now husband through the net( NOT a dating site)

People DO care... SO glad you have this beautiful painting.

HUGSSS

da tabbies o trout towne said...

Newmie:

this iz a total lee pawsum pick sure of ewe !!! it brings out yur handsum ness :)

Tuna of Moon

Mikki said...

What a sweet and touching thing to do! It's a beautiful painting of your gorgeous kitty.
The blogging community is amazing. Definitely a place to make and foster friendship, as so awesomely illustrated by this sweet act of love from your friends. Who says you have to meet in person to form strong connections?