Monday, November 8, 2010

Taking Flight!

You might have to click on the picture to see it full sized, but this morning I looked out in the backyard and saw hundreds of black birds! And there were more than this in the front yard! They are on their way to warmer weather . . . . . . and so am I!

I leave tomorrow for a week in Arizona. I've been training for months for the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure walk, and it is this week! Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, I'll be trekkin' 60 miles with my Trekkin' for Ta-Tas teammates in Phoenix. The weather forecast looks fabulous, and I can't wait to join the thousands of other walkers for this awesome event.

Thank you to everyone who has supported me in this journey with your donations toward my goal (which I have met and exceeded), Etsy shop purchases, and for cheering me on. A special thanks to my loving coach, Ted, for walking with me and for taking care of the cats while I'm gone.

I look forward to sharing lots of pictures with you when I return! Keep me in your thoughts this weekend!

5 comments:

Mikki said...

My thoughts and prayers go with you Laura. You're so awesome to take on this task. Good luck!!

Phyllis said...

psyncI can only imagine how wonderful you must feel about doing this!

The Muse said...

every step you take, this Muse will be cheering you and PRAYING for you and all those who need our love and care!
Go girl GO !

da tabbies o trout towne said...

welcome home and hope you had an awesome time.....

p.s. dude and de gang have "no comment" 'bout "da burds" !!!!!!

laura

Melissa and Emmitt said...

hi laura!
i just tried to post on your laura trks blog and i am not sure it worked. :)

oh what an amazing adventure you went on!
thank you soooo much for sharing it with all of us.
i have loved reading about everything you did to prepare for this amazing journey and feel so lucky to have gotten to share it with you.
xoxoxo
m & e