Tuesday, October 26, 2010

One Year Ago

A year ago today our beloved Calvin boy left for his journey to the Rainbow Bridge. He was 18 years old, and the most gentle, loving cat I have ever known. He originally was a stray and came to live with my Mom's twin sister.

When she passed away, her evil husband took all four of her cats to the humane society for a certain death as they were all older kitties. My parents and I rescued them - we found homes for two, Mom kept one, and I took Calvin. I definitely got the best deal! He was eleven when he came to live with us. I sure wish I had been fortunate to have him when he was younger. I can only imagine how adorable he was as a kitten because he was the most handsome mancat ever with eyes that made me melt!


Calvin never met a bed he didn't like, and he had so many different ones throughout the house. He got his car bed on his 16th birthday from a good Catster pal. He loved his wheels!

I know he is busy at the bridge welcoming new angels, and keeping the gals laughing with his funny sense of humor. We'll never forget Calvin, and we miss him so much!




7 comments:

Rebecca & Twixy said...

Thinking of you today..

Calvin will always be in our hearts

Vicki said...

Calvin will never be forgotten. He will knead on in the hearts of all who knew him forever.

Andrea Kenner said...

Sweet Calvin. It's so good to see his handsome face again. He will always be loved.

Heather S. said...

Calvin will never be forgotten. Sending lots of hugs to you today.

Phyllis said...

It's just so hard to lose a pet. He lived a good life with you, so you just have to remember that.

Mikki said...

What a sweet kitty! He lives on in your heart Laura.

Snowdrops said...

Sending Love and Hugs.. they never leave us. Pawprints on the heart never fade