Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Cute Little Bench!

I have inherited from different family members several chairs and benches that have needlepoint cushions. After awhile, the needlepoint gets shabby looking, so I decided it was time for a change! Here is Calvin from a couple of years ago on a little bench I got from my aunt.

You wouldn't believe the nasty material they would use to stuff the cushion - some of it is like straw and then there is the old cotton fiberfil - nothing but sinus problems! So, off with the old - very easy to do - remove a few screws, take off some staples and get rid of the stuffing!

Then a new cushion was added with a layer of quilt batting on top for extra softness. I love this cute cat fabric, and it only took about 10 minutes to put it all together!


Now, it's ready for a cat - can't wait to see who is the first to use it!





4 comments:

Darlene said...

That is REALLY cute and I love the new fabric!!!

Phyllis said...

Hey Laura,
I love benches and have a few small ones myself, but they're solid wood - no tops to make pretty.

Calvin is so cute and looks a lot like a marmalade kitty I'm taking care of for my ex son-in-law.

Melissa and Emmitt said...

oh my goodness laura!

your new bench is just perfect!
i love it!

xoxoxo
m

Mikki said...

Looks fabulous Laura!! I love the fabric too. So cute!