Monday, August 16, 2010

Weepy Weekend

Have you ever been surprised to find a picture on your computer that you completely forgot about? The one below of my Mom and me was taken from one of those cheapy computer cameras.

Today marks the 3rd anniversary of my Mom's death. It was an emotional weekend for several reasons. We put flowers on her grave, and that always makes me cry. I miss her and Dad so much.


And we found a home for our front porch stray . . . . Ted had named her Savannah. I've never given a cat away before, and it was really difficult for me. I had become very attached to this sweet girl. The situation was not exactly what I wanted for her because the family has three dogs, a cat, and the cat is allowed inside and out. I told them if she didn't get along with the rest of the animals, I wanted her back. I shed quite a few tears for her when they left. Later that evening, Ted called to see how she was doing, and we found out she was hiding in a closet. I hope and pray it doesn't take her long to adjust to her new home.


This morning Gleek had to go back to the vet because of his crystal problem. I thought we had that nasty problem beat, but he couldn't pee this morning at all. For anybody who reads this blog that owns a cat - if you're not familiar with crystals, it can be a very dangerous situation, especially for boy kitties. If your cat can't urinate and keeps going in and out of the litterbox, get them to the vet ASAP. They can die within 48 hours if they are totally blocked.

What a way to start the week!




8 comments:

Darlene said...

I can see why that picture brought you to tears when you miss her so much.

I hope your kitty does adapt at her new home. I don't even know if I could get rid of one so I understand your pain. Hopefully Gleek will get better quickly.

It definitely sounds like a rough start to your week....hope it gets MUCH better.♥

Phyllis said...

Hi Laura,

How ironic to come across the picture of you and your mom on the anniversary of losing her! I'm sure she and your dad are watching over you and are proud.

Smudge had the crystal problem a few years ago too. Since then, I feed him canned food mixed with a lot of water for breakfast each morning to make sure he drinks a lot of water.

Phyllis said...

I forgot to ask you why you had to give the kitty away?

Laura said...

Phyllis - the kitty was a stray I had been feeding for a few months on my front porch. I have six cats already and just couldn't keep another one. I am a believer of keeping cats inside, and I wanted a home for this cat before winter came, or I was afraid I'd bring her in. Seven cats is more than I can handle - somedays six is too! LOL!

Nancy Medina said...

Laura I'm sorry this has been such a tough weekend. I will keep your little guy in my prayers that he is better very soon, please keep us posted!
hugs....

Mikki said...

Love the picture of you and your mom. Sorry you had a rough weekend. Hoping for the best for Savannah.
Are these crystals like kidney stones Laura? I'm so sorry, I hope Gleek is doing better.

Darlene said...

Hi Laura,

Had to come tell you Lexi's hair is naturally straight...lol. We got a spiral perm in it in May before recital time because she didn't want to sit for hours with me curling her hair. I have LOVED it and I think she looks so CUTE with it curly. But, she is ready for it to be straight again. So, eventually when it grows out....straight hair will be back.♥

Mary Lou said...

Hello from a fellow Kentuckian..I'm from the Western part, an hr north of Nashville. Enjoyed your blog.