Friday, July 2, 2010

One Man's Trash . . . . .

Today has felt like Saturday because Ted took the day off. After working in the yard, we went to Shelbyville, Kentucky, and strolled through some of the antique malls.

I'm always on the lookout for vintage kitty items, and this cute planter reminded me of Newman with those blue eyes. I'm using it on my desk for paperclips.

I also found this adorable ashtray - do they even make ashtrays any more? The planter section is a guitar, and I'm going to use it for miscellaneous items I use in my Etsy shop.

I've been adding lots of items to my Bucks4Boobies auction, so please check it out when you have time! All proceeds go directly to the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure. You'll help me reach my goal and get a goodie in return!

Have a great holiday weekend!



3 comments:

Melissa and Emmitt said...

hi laura!
oh i love your new treasures!
happy happy 4th!
xoxox
m & e

The Muse said...

great ? , lol i am sure they do, but nothing like what used to be made...in actuality there are some stunning old trays...but well, by the wayside in use...love the re purpose idea...!

Pamela said...

I have some great lead crystal ashtrays that I use as cat treat servers!