Thursday, June 10, 2010

Birthweek!

Fifty-three years ago today, my Mom gave birth to a 9+ lb baby. In my defense, I was a couple of weeks late, and should have been born near my Aunt Laura's birthday the end of May. I was named for her instead!

Since I've been married, we (or should I say, I) like to celebrate birthweek! I think anytime you can stretch dinners out and presents, you should do so!

The week started last Sunday by taking Ted's Mom home. It happened to be Ted's brother's birthday, so we met at our half-way spot and had lunch to celebrate his 49th birthday.

Red Hots was last night. We had a small group, but we accomplished a lot. Red Hot Hand is renovating an old home, and she wanted our advice. We're always ready to give advice on any topic! Can you guess which foot was the guy tearing up the old tile in the kitchen? I'll give you a hint . . . . he does not have painted toes!

Tonight is Bunco . . . . another night of no cooking, and maybe winning a prize! I got a nice prize from my hubby today. A self-inflating mattress for my 3-day trip in November! I'll be sleeping like a baby! One of my good friends gave me a check for $100 toward my goal in the Susan G. Komen walk! It's been a good birthweek, and it isn't over yet!

Happy Birthday to me . . . . . thanks Mom and Dad!



5 comments:

Starchy said...

Happy Birthweek!!! I like that...I may need to stretch mine to a birthmonth...hahahaha

Snowdrops said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAURA !!!

Melissa and Emmitt said...

happy happy birthday laura!
we love you!
melissa & emmitt

Diana G. said...

Happy Birthday Laura. I love all your birthday party photos. In my family we call it a birthday season. Enjoy it!!

Darlene said...

Happy Birthday Laura!!!! My birthday is tomorrow!!! Isn't June a GREAT birth month?!?!