Monday, May 3, 2010

And the Rain Comes a Tumblin' Down

The weather this time of year is so unpredictable, and I always hate it when it rains for the Kentucky Derby. It rained most of Sunday too, and you can almost hear the grass growing!

Here is my first rosebud of the season.


I'm glad I didn't dig up this flowering plant last fall. I thought it was an annual, but it came back. I don't remember what kind of plant it is, but I'll take anything that blooms!

As I was talking to my neighbor today, I spotted the first turtle of spring. It must take him twice as long to get where he is going when the grass is thick and long!



Have a great week!



2 comments:

Darlene said...

Your flowers look beautiful. I always love seeing the turtles out and about. I haven't seen any yet here but I know I will soon. One year we had one that came back to our porch every day eating bugs and cat food we left out for it.

A New England Life said...

I wish we still had roses but they are long gone. Yours is pretty Laura.

Is it still raining there? I saw something about really bad flooding expected this week-end in Kentucky, is that right?

That poor turtle, it must be like walking through the jungle!