Friday, April 23, 2010

We'll Be in the Back!

Tomorrow we head downtown super early to join 14,498 other people who are running/walking in the Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon/Mini-Marathon!

I'll be walking in the mini-marathon - 13 miles - as part of my training for the Susan G. Komen 3-day for the Cure in November.

I'm hoping for no rain which they expect in the afternoon. I'll be glad to cross this off my bucket list although I didn't realize I had it on my bucket list until I signed up for the Komen walk! The gal that cuts my hair said some of the hairdressers at her salon were going to walk in the mini-marathon, and I decided it was a great way to get in some training miles, and also to participate in a popular Derby Festival event!

Of course, all the walkers will be in the back of the group. It starts at 7:30 a.m. at one of the parks, and ends in the downtown area. I hope to get some fun pictures to share!


1 comment:

Snowdrops said...

Well Done Lady and Good Luck !