Friday, March 26, 2010

A Nice Surprise!

I was coming home around 6:30 tonight and saw four deer across from the entrace to our neighborhood. If you click on the picture to see it full sized, you can check out the sweet face! I was only able to get two of them in the picture. I didn't dare get out of the car or they would run.



I could never be a hunter or understand it. My neighbor is teaching his new dog to be a duck dog. He has a whistle and a fake duck, and he throws it a million times, blows the whistle for different commands and the dog goes and retrieves the fake duck.

Do we really need to be shooting ducks?

Ugh . . . . . . .



4 comments:

A New England Life said...

There must be a lot of deer around you area, Laura. Seems you see them quite frequently. Duck hunting is very common where I live too. I think they shoot Mallards mostly but I imagine other species as well. Nope, not my thing either.

Melissa and Emmitt said...

hi laura!
oh the deer are beautiful!
have a wonderful weekend!
xoxoxo
m & e

Darlene said...

Those deer are so beautiful. I love seeing them too. I am with you and could never hunt anything. I have told my hubby many times if we had to hunt our own food....we would be vegetarians!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I don't understand hunting either -- especially not deer hunting. I live near Rock Creek Park in DC and see them rather frequently. City deer are very savvy. It's always a thrill, tho. Especially when you see a family -- as we often do in summer here.
Sandy -- Rufus' Mom