Thursday, March 18, 2010

King of the Wild Frontier

Ted was a fan from the time he was 9 months old - notice the Davy Crockett pants! What little boy didn't want to grow up to be just like Daniel Boone or Davy Crockett?




Fess Parker died today at the age of 85 - on his wife's 84th birthday. We heard it on the news tonight while we were eating dinner. It made me all teary-eyed to think of his wife, and that is when Ted promised that he won't die on my birthday!

Good to know . . . . . . .




4 comments:

The Muse said...

Love is a strange and beautiful thing...(love the childhood pics)
sigh...it is sad to see the great and wholesome stars fade away.....

Anonymous said...

I wish I could scan my cousins and I in our Davey Crockett shirts at age ?? 3 or maybe 4. I think I loved the show.

Anonymous said...

I once worked with Fess on an advertising campaign for RVs. He was a lovely, lovely man. Loved talking about Davy Crockett and Daniel Boone -- that's the one I remember. His death made me sad, too.

Sandy (Rufus' Mom)

Mikki said...

"Born on a mountain top in Tennessee...." I still remember singing the Davy Crocket song in like 3rd grade. So sad. They really just don't make 'em like that anymore.