Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Eye Has It!

A couple of weeks ago, while taking a shower, I was cleaning the shower. It seems to be an easier job that way. I felt a little sting in my eye and realized some of the tub cleaner must have splashed in my eye.

And then this showed up, and it hasn't gone away - no, not the bathroom lights you see shining in the brown of my eye - that little blurp at the end of the arrow! So yesterday, I went to an eye doc.

Apparently, it is a type of scar tissue that people can get from too much sunlight. Well, I know sunlight didn't cause this because one look outside will tell you that! I have steroid drops for a couple of weeks to see if it helps.

Then I go back to see the eye doc in a couple of months. I told him anytime I've been to get my eyes examined and the dialating drops go in, I come thisclose to passing out - every single time! So, you can imagine how much I love going to an eye doctor! Luckily, no dialating drops yesterday, but I may be passing out in April!

My best advice from this situation . . . . . . get someone else to clean the shower!


9 comments:

The Muse said...

poor thing!
i am glad that it was not much worse!
oh my....


ok...on santa's list...goggles! :)

Darlene said...

I do hope all is well and it ends up going away. Hopefully it is not affecting your vision either. I will DEFINITELY be careful when cleaning my shower....lol.

A New England Life said...

The eye certainly does have it doesn't it! Yikes! That would bug the heck out of me! I sure hope the drops help Laura.

Phyllis said...

Ouch! So you know this was caused by the cleanser? I'll certainly be more careful myself. Take care of that eye!

Grace from Catster said...

I have to be put into a headlock and then have someone sit on top of me before drops can go into my eyes! I had an eye problem last year, and the doc had to turn my upper lid inside out to examine my eye and I almost fainted. And it did not even hurt! I hope your eye gets better fast.

Mikki said...

Great advice!!
I hope it clears up with those drops, so you won't have to pass out!

Starchy said...

Acck! Hope it's nothing serious! I hate going to the eye doctor and getting my eyes dilated, too. Thanks for giving me a good excuse not to clean the shower!

Anonymous said...

I wore contacts for years (until I realized that I LIKED myself better than glasses) so any squeamishnes about touching your eyes goes away real fast when you do it twice a day. Still, I don't like getting my eyes dialated either. Good luck and glad it wasn't more serious!

Sandy (Rufus' Mom)

Snowdrops said...

Owieeeeeee !

Hoping this goes away FAST !