Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Laura Treks!


In November, I'll be Trekkin' for Ta-Tas in the land that I love - Arizona - in the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure! It is a 60 mile walk over three days, and lots of training needs to take place between now and then!

I thought I'd document my adventure in a new blog - Laura Treks! I hope you will support me on this journey by following my new blog. And if you give to any cancer organizations in 2010, I would greatly appreciate your helping me reach my $2,300 goal by clicking on my donation page which can be found on the right side of both blogs.

I'll be walking on the Trekkin' for Ta-Tas team, and walking in memory of my Mom, her twin sister, and my cousin. I'll also be trekkin' in honor of my aunt and Ted's cousin. All these people in my life have had breast cancer and/or ovarian cancer, or in my Mom's case - both.

If you donate to my goal, please let me know who in your life has had this terrible disease - I'll have their names with me as I walk! And don't forget to get your annual mammogram in 2010 - I've got my appointment tomorrow!


2 comments:

The Muse said...

Just visited new blog...
Way to go Laura!

Snowdrops said...

I most certainly will donate before you go. As with so many many people.. there are those in my life it has taken.

I will be following Laura !