Monday, December 14, 2009

Give a Little!

Some of the Red Hots (and one Bunco babe) volunteered at The Salvation Army last night as they prepare for the distribution of angel tree gifts.

Each bag below represents a child in the Louisville area that will receive clothing and toys from generous donors.

There were A LOT of bags!

Some of the group looked through incoming bags to determine what was still needed - each child gets four toys and some clothing.


Lorie and I worked at the toy area - filling bags that still needed items. Some lucky little girl is getting this cute black cat plushie!



There is a group of young adults with Americorp who have been in town for three weeks helping at the distribution center. This cute gal was working back in toys with us.


We worked for three hours, and then treated ourselves to ice cream at Culvers!



Do you volunteer during the holidays? It sure makes you appreciate what you have, and it is a good feeling to be able to help others in need!



6 comments:

Darlene said...

What fun to volunteer for that duty!! I haven't volunteered before and now I feel like I must! I do always by some Toys for Tots gifts and do one to two Angel Tree children's gifts. That always makes us feel so good to give to someone that has so little.

Mikki said...

Very awesome!!
I usually do the angel tree thing at church, but I've never actually given service. I think it's a great idea, and something I'd like to try. I think it would be really good to get my kids involved too. Like you say, it helps you appreciate what you have and I think the feeling that you get from serving others is what the true spirit of the season is all about.

cmluvs2stamp said...

I think this program is just wonderful!! I truly praise you all for having such big hearts, especially this year with our economy and spirits somewhat down. I would love to join or create something like this in my area. Thank you so much for sharing.

A New England Life said...

You ladies are so great! What a wonderful way to give back to the community.

Unfortunately I don't volunteer. Maybe one day when the girls are older I'll have more time but between work and carting them around, or cleaning, I just feel too exhausted to give anymore. I know, I'm a terrible person.

All the foot photos are to cool. You're the only one with red shoes! Those aren't cat socks, are they?

Pegasus said...

glad to know you did so much. wish I could have been with you all.

Pegasus said...
This comment has been removed by the author.