Thursday, November 12, 2009

Up On The Roof!

They arrived early . . . . . they stayed late . . . . . . but they got the job done in one day!

It was a big mess, and it was super noisy, but I've never seen such a great clean-up job before. And do you want to know why the clean-up was so good? Because a woman did it! They had one woman on the crew, and her job was to pick up every piece of old shingle, nails and junk, and put it in a big truck. She sure earned her money for the day! The only thing I found in the yard were a couple of bottle caps from when they had lunch. I can live with that!

And here is the finished roof! Someone from the roofing company came today to install the gutter protection.

After a noisy day, it was nice to get together with the Red Hots for a little creative fun. Peggy's daughter owns a scrapbook store, so we went to the store - ate a little pizza and salad - and then created holiday cards!

We have a lot of November birthdays, so Peggy got this yummy cake! We missed you, Sharon, Lorie, and Pam!






5 comments:

Snowdrops said...

House looks wonderful ! And full marks to the clean up lady !

Mikki said...

Wow! What a great crew. I'm glad it was relatively painless.
Those cars look adorable!

Melissa and Emmitt said...

hi laura!
oh my gosh! you new roof is wonderful!

i cannot believe they did that in one day and what a great way to celebrate!

your whole day made me smile!

Darlene said...

The new roof looks so wonderful! YAY for the lady that cleaned everything up.

A New England Life said...

One day? Thank goodness for that! I feel bad for that woman, it's an awful job. I know because I've done it!

Way to celebrate! The cards are adorable! Do you ladies ever slow down?