Saturday, November 28, 2009

A Red Christmas!

Do you ever buy a Christmas present for someone, and then you can't wait to give it to them, so you do - before December 1st? Well, it happened today.

I've been friends for several years through Dogster/Catster with Sharon over at A New England Life. She is the one that got me blogging, and I'm the one that encouraged her to open an Etsy shop for her beautiful photography!

Well, she finally listened to me, and now you can have a little bit of New England in your home! I bought the photograph entitled Red for a Christmas present for Ted. Since we live in horse country, I liked the idea of having a New England horse.

I found a great frame yesterday while we were doing some shopping, and after putting it all together today, I couldn't wait to give it to him! Of course, when I get my Christmas mantle put together, it will look nicer, but I wanted to show it to you!

The photograph is printed on KodakPSupra Endura VC Digital Paper with a matte finish and an added Lustra coating to protect and enhance the image. All I know is that it is gorgeous, and we both love it!

If you need a gift for that hard-to-buy-for person, stop by Sharon's shop and check out her photography!

6 comments:

A New England Life said...

Thank you Laura : )

You made me smile big and wide. I'm so happy you and Ted love Red, I love him/her too!

Sharon

Beth said...

Her photography is gorgeous! And that picture looks lovely above your mantle.

Snowdrops said...

Beautiful !

Some secrets.... arent meant to be kept. Glad you are enjoying it early !

Donna said...

Laura, the photograph looks perfect - and isn't Sharon ever so talented? An early Merry Christmas to you!... Donna

Phyllis said...

Hey Laura,

Yes, Sharon does take gorgeous pictures; I visit her pretty frequently.

And yes, I've given gifts sooner than I should b/c I was so excited about them. They're the best kind to give though!

Hope you had a good Thanksgiving!

Mikki said...

What a lovely photo. I popped over to her shop, and I love her work too. I may have to do a bit of shopping over there.
And I can't blame you for the early gift, some things just can't wait.