Monday, October 12, 2009

It Never Gets Old!

It's always exciting to look out the kitchen window and spot deer in the backyard. These three have been hanging around for a few weeks. We have a lot of nuts from the trees, and they enjoy eating them. And of course, these are the stinkers that also eat my hostas in the spring!

That lovely blue tarp on the woodpile is to protect my cat shelter from the weather. I have a rubbermaid container on its side attached to a shelf so the neighbor's two cats can get out of the rain or snow. I have seen them use it, so I leave it up year round. I hate having neighbors that shouldn't own pets.

Be sure to click on the photo to see the deer up close - can you find all three? They really blend in with the fall leaves.

Happy Columbus Day!

5 comments:

Beth said...

How cool that you get deer in your beautiful yard! And you are awesome to be so nice to the kitties.

Andora said...

That really is something that doesn't get old!!! Is that a deer trail?? or just a people trail??
that is a nice backyard..it looks a lot like mine..We have a big tarp covering our wood pile to..
and that is nice to fix a place for the kitties..take care from one kentuckian to another...

Mikki said...

That is so awesome Laura. There is just something so sweet and special about deer. Love that you get to see them up close and personal.

Melissa and Emmitt said...

hi laura!
oh how beautiful!
they are so magestic!

xoxox
m & e

A New England Life said...

We don't usually see deer in our backyard but my parents do all the time. They come in to eat the apples. It's always a treat to see them.

Does the kitty have one of those warming pads to lay on that hunters use? Do you know the ones I mean? I think they are usually orange and respond to the heat of the body. I think your house must send out a scent pheromone to all homeless kitties within 5 miles. LOL!