Thursday, September 24, 2009

Not Quite What I Expected!

Whenever I go into my kitchen, I find myself looking into the backyard to see what's going on. Today I spotted the neighbor's white cat sleeping on our woodpile. It was drizzling out, and he could take a nap there without getting wet.

Later in the afternoon, I peered out and sure didn't expect to see a rafter of turkeys. I didn't know it was a rafter until I looked it up - it just looked like a whole bunch of big fat turkeys to me!

One of them was even inside the fenced area! I ran to get the camera, and tried to quietly go out on the deck, but they must have good hearing because the minute I started to take the picture, they ran into the woods! If you click on the picture, you can barely make out a couple of the birds!

We've seen turkeys before in our yard but not this early into fall. Did you see anything interesting in your backyard today?

2 comments:

Andora said...

Don't you just love living in a place where you can look out your window and see all kinds of wild life?? we have elk that roam through our yard quite often,turkey and deer also..take care...

BoogersCat said...

More gobble gobbles! Better those than a snake :)