Tuesday, August 4, 2009

On The Ride Home!

Sunday was another super gorgeous day here in Kentucky. We went to a deli and ate outside and had to remind ourselves that we weren't living in California! It is unheard of to have no humidity in August!

We decided to take the back way home. It takes a few minutes longer to go the back way, but it is a peaceful, pretty drive. A picture like this is what I hope you think of when you think of Kentucky!

There is a park entrance on the back way home, so we drove through. I didn't realize there was such a big lake there! The ducks and geese were very talkative, and enjoying this great weather too!


And to show you how quickly it can all change, we had the most torrential downpour this morning - flooding all over the city!


7 comments:

Pegasus said...

great park pics! Hope you didn't get any flooding by you!
:0)
Peg

Darlene said...

What GORGEOUS pictures!!! Yep, those are exactly the type of pictures that I would think of Kentucky! Hope you didn't get flooded.

Melissa and Emmitt said...

hi laura!
oh what amazing pictures! i am so glad you are having such wonderful weather this summer.
xoxox
melissa

Darlene said...

I had to come back by and tell you I am watching the CBS news and they are showing the flooding in Kentucky. WOW it was BAD!!! I hope you were not in the really hard hit area!

A New England Life said...

Look at you Laura! Doing a little nature photography! I like it!

I do think of horses and rolling hills when I think of Kentucky, but tonight Brent and I saw all the flooding on the news and it was awful. So glad you're not affected.

The scenic drive is always the best drive ; )

Sharon

Phyllis said...

Hi Laura,

This is my first visit to your "other" blog. I don't know why I've never stopped by here before.

Kentucky is gorgeous, just like my native state - West Virginia!!

Mikki said...

Gorgeous pics!!! Yup, that's what I think of when I think of Kentucky.
I used to have some perfume called Bluegrass. And I'd always think of Kentucky when I'd apply it, not that I know what Kentucky smells like.