Thursday, August 6, 2009

It Could Have Been Worse!

We were lucky that the only damage from the great Louisville flood of 2009 was this dead tree falling over! There are a lot of leaves and small branches to clean up, but no water problems! The power was off for five hours, but luckily we have a generator to run the important things - the refrigerator and the television - LOL!



Tommy came out yesterday to find a new sleep spot. I'm sure he was not happy about all that rain.


Be sure to stop by Red Hot Peggy's blog to see pictures of the flooding throughout town.



6 comments:

Mikki said...

I'm so glad you were spared a lot of that, but sorry for your city. Wow!

Darlene said...

I am so glad you didn't get heavy damage from the flooding.

nikkicrumpet said...

I'm very glad you didn't get hurt by all the flooding. It is so scary when you see stuff like that on TV and think...Hey my bloggy friend lives in that area! It's to the point now I think we all have friends in every State...so we get to be worried all the time lol

Pegasus said...

Awww...cute turtle. Glad you didn't have worse! Thanks for linking to my blog!
:0)

A New England Life said...

I'm glad things weren't any worse Laura. I did see the flooding in the city, including the Library, but I figured you were most likely fine.

I didn't realize there was such a drop off behind your house. Thank goodness you only lost one little tree : )

Starchy said...

Oh wow, so glad you didn't get flood damage. Louisville is having quite a wild weather year, isn't it?