Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Never Ending Weekend Project!

We're in a race with the weather, and I think the weather might win! It was too good to be true that we have had several days of unusually cool weather for our neck of the woods!

We finished power washing and staining the flat parts of the decks this past weekend. Then the fun began - doing all the upright pieces of the railings. I finished the lower deck today, but with rain possibly coming in tonight, it will be a few more days before the upper deck can get finished.


I'm sure it will be in the 90's with high humidity by then! I really like the new look!


Today would have been Mom and Dad's 54th wedding anniversary. If you'd like to see what they looked like on their wedding day, you can check out my post from last year!




7 comments:

Snowdrops said...

The deck looks wonderful !.

I understand about your Mum and Dad .... I lost my Mum when I was 14.. and Dad at 29 ... there isnt a day I dont talk to either.

I did a scrap recently of a photo I cleaned up in PS E and it was their wedding day.

The memories keep those we love alive Laura...

Mikki said...

Wow Laura!! Looks fabulous! Good luck with the rest of it, hope you make it before the weather!

Pegasus said...

wow - it really does look great! Are you painting it or is that white stain??

I know how you feel...my parents would have been having their 60th in Oct...been going through some pics lately. Time to celebrate those memories!

Nancy Medina said...

Laura, both decks look great! Carlos scrubbed ours a few weeks ago while I supervised and critiqued. I have no idea how he oculd have done it without me.
xxxooo

Melissa and Emmitt said...

hi laura!
oh my gosh! it is amazing! i love that photo that shows all the beautiful work you have done!

Darlene said...

I LOVE your decks....they are GORGEOUS!!!! You will get LOTS of use out of them.

Stewart Robbins said...

Which stain did you use? I'm looking for a snow gum/driftwood look like this.