Friday, July 10, 2009

Blectola!

It seems like the perfect word I typed a few minutes ago as a word verification on someone's blog. If I had to put a definition to blectola it would be this:

It sucks to find out your dog has lung cancer!

Rocky went to the vet this morning after two days of feeling yucky, not eating, and noisy breathing. X-rays indicated what appears to be spots on his lungs and some fluid in the chest.

Yes, he is 14, and dogs that age have problems. But after making the transition almost two years ago from living with my parents, he has become our beloved family member. He has calmed down. He has become more trusting. He loves Ted, his backyard, being brushed (after a loooooong initiation process!), and his sister kitty Sugar.


So, he is home - with antibiotics and nausea medicine. And we will wait . . . . . making him comfortable until it is his time to journey to the bridge.

BLECTOLA!



6 comments:

Snowdrops said...

I was devastated when I read his dogster diary earlier. Putting a file in the apple pie isnt going to get him out of this one is it.

He may be 14... he may be a ''good age'' no part of that makes it right or fair.

We love him too.. and when the time comes... we will go outside with our silver star and hold it up to the Sun and light his way to the Bridge.

Enjoy the time left... celebrate the life... have a party and make memories...

HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS


Why?
That's what we ask.
The truth is,
we may never
be able to know
for sure why.

But we do know
that there is no single
"should have done"
or "could have done"
or "did" or didn't do"
that would have changed that why.

All that love could do
was done.

Sandy said...

I am so sorry, Laura. It is the hardest thing in the world as every pet lover knows. Make him comfortable and happy and when the time is right, you'll know it. My sympathies to Ted, especially.

Pegasus said...

So, so sorry about his diagnosis. He's so very lucky to have you both!! I know you'll do the best for him!!
Peggy

T said...

Oh Laura,

You know how much this affects me. I am so sorry. When Jake was diagnosed with cancer at the age of 9, we too, were devastated. It doesn't matter their age, they are family, and very special to us.

Enjoy each day, and make each day count.

With much love and hugs to you, Ted, and Rocky.

♥Mimi♥ said...

I am so very sorry about the diagnosis. We love our companions as much or more than our human friends at times. I have been where you are and I will be there again because I can't bear to think of living a life without being surrounded by animals.

I hope you stay with him when he leaves this world. It's never good to be alone when one has to say good-bye. You will be in my prayers.

Darlene said...

That is so sad. It is such a hard thing when our little animals are fighting for their life. I know you will make him as comfortable as he can be. All you can do is enjoy each day you have left with him.♥