Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Ain't No Mountain High Enough!

Who knew there was so much to do at a ski resort in the summer? Our home base while in Utah was at the beautiful Cliff Club resort in Snowbird. It was easy to imagine how busy the place would be in the winter with all the skiiers. There are several buildings at the resort and nestled in between two of them is a mini-park of fun things to do.

Here I am climbing the largest mountain in Utah . . . . . well, it felt like the largest mountain in Utah! I've always wanted to climb a rock wall, and it was much harder than I thought it would be! My upper body strength ain't what it used to be!

There was also a Zip Line. It went super fast, and it was hard to take pictures, so we rode it several times!



They had an Alpine Slide which reminded me of the luge in the Olympics. In the second picture below, you'll see a blue sled-like thingy. That is what we sat in to ride down the slide. That sled FLEW like the wind, and I was screaming the entire time - it was fun!


Here we are on the ski lift. You rode the lift to get to the Zip Line and the Alpine Slide.

It was fun to bring out our inner child for a day!


7 comments:

T said...

You two seemed liked you had a great time. Just what vacations are all about.

Nancy and the fatties said...

Oh WOW Laura - I have been there in the winter but never seen it in summer. It looks like you had a wonderful time. I'm so glad you and Ted had a getaway.
hugs to you and all the critters!
xxooo

Darlene said...

That looks like SOOOOO much fun!!!! What a neat trip!

Beth said...

Sounds like your inner children had some fun! You have some great photos!

A New England Life said...

I love the alpine slide! Though it's been years since I've riden on one. You two are just a hoot out there acting like a couple of kids! Awesome!

Melissa and Emmitt said...

hi laura!
oh how fun! what amazing pictures! i am so glad you had such a great vacation!

Pegasus said...

great pics! I know you had a fantastic time...Utah is beautiful! Love the zip line pics...I'm envious because your zip had "seats"...not the ones in Belize!

:0)
Peggy