Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Would You Like To Ride . . . . .

The conditions must be perfect for hot air balloons because we've seen several recently. This one landed in a field next to a house on the road to we take to get to our house.

It drives Ted crazy that the hot air balloon people land anywhere they please. He thinks they should be fined if they land on private property. Just warning any of you who are flying one near our house and think you will be met with iced tea and cookies if you land in our front yard!

We saw this one tonight as we were coming home from dinner. I'm so glad I have a small camera that I keep in my purse - you never know when a photo op is going to present itself!

These balloons can really move. We stopped in a parking lot so I could get out and take a picture, and I looked where I thought the balloon should be, and it disappeared! I told Ted it must have landed already. We looked ahead of us, and saw it moving quickly through the sky!


Have you ever taken a ride in one? Would you want to? I'll wave to you if you fly by, but remember, tell the pilot to keep on moving!


4 comments:

Melissa and Emmitt said...

hi laura!
oh aren't they beautiful!
i am always surprised how loud they can be with the fuel. :)

xoxox
m & e

T said...

OH I love hot air balloons! Every year when we have the festival here, hubby and I get up early in the morning to watch them all light up before they take off for flight. Hundreds of them all at once. Beautiful!!

Never have been in one, but I do want to someday.

A New England Life said...

Maybe Ted just has a strong aversion to latex. lol!!!

I've never been in one and don't want to be. My fear of heights is strong so I'd have to sit down in the basket. Even then I'd still be freaking out! Too many power lines around here for a hot air balloon to land. I'd love photographing them though! Maybe I should go to T's house . . .

Cocker Spaniel Girls said...

Went to the Albuquerque Balloon festival many times and saw the balloons up close and taking off but you would never get me in one I hate heights! LOL they are pretty to watch.