Monday, June 29, 2009

Utah Rocks!

It's always an adventure to vacation in a place you've never been before. Our week in Utah was so much fun! What a gorgeous place full of mountains and undeveloped land as far as you can see!

We traveled over 1,400 miles exploring lots of places - Snowbird, Salt Lake City, Park City, Dinosaur National Monument, Flaming Gorge Recreational Area (the most beautiful place ever and where we saw the big horn sheep in the first picture below!), Zion National Park, and Kanab, Utah, home of Best Friends Animal Society.

These are just a sampling of the hundreds of pictures I took. If you want to see a slideshow of our tour and volunteer day at Best Friends, you can visit my Cat in the Clover blog.









Thank you, Utah, for an unforgettable vacation - we hope to visit again someday!




7 comments:

Vanessa said...

If you drove on I-15 to get to SLC, then you drove right by my house!

It really is a beautiful place and without those big enormous mountains, I couldn't find my way around!

Glad you had a great time :)

Laura said...

We were, and sorry we didn't stop by for dinner - LOL!

Darlene said...

Those are GORGEOUS pictures...I bet you had a WONDERFUL time!!

Melissa and Emmitt said...

oh my gosh laura! these pictures are fabulous and now i can post!
it worked!
xoxoxo
m

Mikki said...

Oh my gosh Laura!!! You were so close and yet so far away! sigh.
I love Utah. Glad you had a great time. It's so beautiful there!

A New England Life said...

I sure hope Brent and I can travel a bit more when we get older. I'd love to go back across country again like I did when I was a kid.

Beautiful photo's Laura.

Lorie said...

BEAUTIFUL Utah pics. You should go into the greeting card/calendar business!