Friday, June 12, 2009

Backyard Visitors

I was in the driveway after getting home from the store, and I looked in the backyard and saw Mama deer. We've been seeing her for several days. She stood so still and watched me. I even left, got the camera, and when I got back, she was in the same spot watching me.

After going in the house and unloading groceries, I looked out the window and saw the baby! Look how tiny and precious! I had to take these pictures through the window because I was afraid they would run if I went on the deck.

There is an area between our house and the neighbor where the deer like to bed down.

Now I know why Mama deer was watching me so closely!


7 comments:

Shauna said...

That is so cool! Hope you have a super weekend!
♥ HUGS ♥

Sunshine said...

I love the photographs you have taken... cool job done

Pegasus said...

Very sweet!!

Melissa and Emmitt said...

oh what beautiful photos!
thank you for sharing them laura!

Darlene said...

THose are beautiful pictures! How neat to have the mama and baby deer so close by.

T said...

Oh how sweet. I always enjoy seeing photos of all the animals in nature.

A New England Life said...

Aren't they precious! Just so long as your target practicing neighbor doesn't see them too!
Yesterday Brent and I saw a mama deer with her little (and I mean little) fawn walking along the railroad tracks. So cute but the deer ticks sure aren't!