Monday, May 11, 2009

~ Rest in Peace ~

Linda Keith
1951 ~ 2009


Penfield: May 10, 2009, after an eight year battle with cancer. Pre-deceased by her father, Robert Henry Keith; survived by her husband C. Dennis Beaver (Penfield); her mother, Myrna Ann Lokay Keith (VA); sisters, Patti (Mark) Hawley (NC), and Janet (William) Ellenbogen (VA) and brother, Robert (Sandy) Keith (MO); nieces, Melissa Keith and Courtney Ellenbogen and nephews Robert Keith and Matthew Ellenbogen.

Linda was born in Lima OH, April 27, 1951, spent her elementary years in the Annapolis MD area, and her high school years in the Milwaukee, WI area, graduating from Wauwatosa-East HS in 1969. After completing an undergraduate degree at the University of Southern Mississippi, Linda enlisted in the USAF, and served as a Flight Line Maintenance Officer before being honorably discharged as a 1st Lieutenant and entering graduate school at the University of Illinois, where she earned an MBA degree.

Ms. Keith came to Rochester in 1981 and held several finance and banking positions at Lincoln First Bank, the successor Chase organization in Rochester, Fleet Bank (later Bank of America) and the Upstate National Bank. An avid golfer, Ms. Keith was a long time member of the Genesee Valley Women's Golf Association.

Friends may call Wednesday from 2-4pm and 7-9 pm at the funeral chapel (2305 Monroe Ave.) where services will be held Thursday at 11am. You are invited to bring a written memory or favorite photograph of Linda for the families memory book. Contributions may be made to Benincasa, 3880 Rush Mendon Rd. Mendon, NY 14506, in Linda's memory. To light a candle in her memory visit
http://www.anthonychapels.com/


Linda was my cousin - my Mom's brother was her Dad. Although she was not a family member I stayed in contact with, it was sad hearing this news from her brother yesterday. And especially to have it happen on Mother's Day.

I had recently gone through a lot of Mom and Dad's pictures. They had quite a few photos of my cousins when they were young. I sent them to my cousin, Bob, and told him to share them with his sisters.

He told me that he and his other two sisters had recently visited Linda and they looked over all the pictures and had some nice memories. I'm thankful they had that last chance to get together before she passed away.




8 comments:

Vanessa said...

I'm so sorry for your loss :(

Pegasus said...

so sad...my sympathies!
Peggy

Mikki said...

Laura, I'm so sorry to hear of your families' loss. I'm glad that you were able to help them share in some fond memories before her passing. Sending my thoughts and prayers out to your family.
♥♥Mikki

Nancy and the fatties said...

Laura, I'm so sorry to hear this, she was so young! Sending you many hugs across the miles...

A New England Life said...

Even though you weren't close, it's always sad to lose a family member. I would imagine the two of you spent time together as children so hopefully you have some good memories.

Sharon

Cocker Spaniel Girls said...

so sorry for your loss Laura, cancer is a terrible disease that takes too many too soon.

The Muse said...

I hope that peace will find you....

Starchy said...

So sorry about your cousin. Cancer stinks, and it really stinks when it takes someone so young.