Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Fabulous Paint!

Remember the deep red walls in the dining room from yesterday's post? I picked a dark gray for below the chair rail, and when I was at Home Depot getting the paint, the guy asked me what color I was covering.

He recommended Behr's Premium Plus paint which is a primer and paint in one. Of course, with the name premium, you know it's going to cost more - about $8-10 a gallon more.

Now, I'm not one to always jump at the recommendation of a sales person, but this guy looked like he had painted a few walls in his day, so I thought, why not! If it can save me putting on three coats of paint to cover that red, then I'm all for that!


Well, take a look at this - this is just ONE COAT! We're talking FABULOUS PAINT HERE PEOPLE! I could probably get away with only one coat, but I'll put on two just because I have enough paint, and it will look better.

Mr. Salesman said, it will go on like honey, and he wasn't kidding! I'll probably wish that I had bought the same type for the color above the chair rail!

And yes, Mr. Newman, my interior decorator, was right along side me every step of the way. At one point, he decided to grab the brush from my hand, and he got paint on his paw. Never a dull moment with him around!


12 comments:

Snowdrops said...

Wonderful... now WHY cant I buy just plain simple water based EMULSION paint in this countryyyyyyyyyy !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mikki said...

Wow Laura! You are motivated! Want to come and do mine while your at it? I think five gallons should cover the walls I want to take care of. LOL
What a great paint. I'll have to try it out when we go to cover over our terra cotta color.
Cute Newman. Just stick his tail in the paint and use that for a brush!

Pegasus said...

Wow, you've been a busy little bee in the week I've been gone! Everything looks fabulous. Just goes to show you...you gotta trust your decorator!!
:0)
Peggy

T said...

Wow Laura! I was catching up on the past posts. You have been busy! Very nice paint, and I LOVE the color!!

Newman, How cute!!!!

nikkicrumpet said...

Good paint is always worth the money...especially trying to cover something like red! And it looks really pretty...I love the color.

natalie said...

Behr Premium is the only paint I will use, and I paint a lot! I'm painting my bathroom as we speak...Behr Japanese Maple.

Gundo in Downtown said...

Have fun painting! I did a few rooms in the downtown condo a couple of years back and that was enough for me!

Jane

Shauna said...

Hope you have a super weekend!
♥ HUGS ♥

A New England Life said...

Glad you bought some paint that covers that red so well. Now what color is going on the top? Is it a surprise?

Funny how Phineas helped strip the bathroom wallpaper but I don't recall him helping me to paint. Apparently he's more of a demolition type guy ; )

Sarah @ Thrifty Decor Chick said...

Wow, you know I love Behr and that looks like great stuff! I'll have to keep that in mind for the guest room...

Saucy said...

I painted with Behr last year at our flip house and I really, really liked the coverage. You'll also be happy with its durability.

Cocker Spaniel Girls said...

Amazing that did cover it over good, it looks really nice Laura. I will have to remember that paint. You sure are ambitious doing all this painting. I guess it is better than working in the yard in the heat. Enjoy your freshly painted rooms.