Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Bloom Where You Are Planted!

Yesterday I went to Starview Nursery in LaGrange, Kentucky - about a 20 minute drive from my house. It is the most spectacular place to find flowers, hanging baskets, and planters, and the prices are reasonable.

You would never know from these photos, but things have already been picked over! They do a booming business the week before the Kentucky Derby as people get their flower beds all spiffy.



They have several huge greenhouses - the photo below is just for shade plants. Look at all the fern baskets!

This greenhouse is only for perennials!

I would have bought more if I had more room in the car! My purchase is below - two hanging baskets - one for Ted's Mom and one for his Aunt. We are meeting them half way on Sunday to celebrate Mother's Day and her birthday.

A flat of pink begonias, a huge planter of beautiful hot pink geraniums for the front porch, and two other flats of mixed goodies for my flower beds and empty pots rounded out my purchase!

Of course, it is raining today, so the planting is put on hold! But the geraniums sure look pretty on the porch. Have you done any planting yet?



4 comments:

Nancy and the fatties said...

Oh my Laura, these are amazing photos. You have no idea how excited I get when I see good flower photography, you would pretend you don't know me if you were standing nearby, I swear.
hugs hugs...

Melissa and Emmitt said...

oh my goodness!

what a wonderful place! your photos are beautiful laura!

things are just starting to bud here in boulder, co. i cannot wait to see flowers!

The Queen Of Re said...

Love the new look.

I can't wait to hit the flower shops. This is the weekend for me to buy my flowers.

Darlene said...

That nursery looks gorgeous....so many beautiful flowers. I am ready to get some more baskets and plant some of my planters.