Thursday, April 30, 2009

I Love A Parade!

This is the reason you aren't watching a beautiful slideshow of the many pictures I took at the Kentucky Derby Parade tonight.


We watched the parade from Ted's downtown office - several floors up and a beautiful view of the parade. I took a photo of every entry, plus a clown or two, and of course, Elvis.

As I deleted two empty folders from the disk, Newman decided to jump off the desk, and his paw hit something on the keyboard that caused EVERY FILE ON THE DISK TO BE DELETED!

It happened so fast, I didn't even realize it - until that sick feeling came over me! Oh well, at least they weren't wedding photos!





9 comments:

Starchy said...

"Hello, Newman."

hahahhahaha Aw, I do hate it when that happens!

Starchy said...

And oh! I also meant to say, love your old Derby photos, though! And your blog design! Beautiful!

Cocker Spaniel Girls said...

Oh darn Laura I know that makes you sick.
I recovered some old pictures off my old discs that had been erased with this free program.

http://www.komando.com/downloads/category.aspx?id=1728

Maybe you can get them back. Even if deleted they stay in there till overwritten when you take new pictures. This program can sometimes get them back. Good luck.

Mikki said...

Aw! Good thing he's such a cute kitty.
I know that sick feeling you're talking about. Had it before. Just stinks.

Anonymous said...

I love your old photos of the Derby. Every once in a Blue Moon they actually televise The Derby so that we can see it in Canada. It's amazing to see - and to think your Grandparents were so connected - what a fun story! xoxo the fan

Pegasus said...

ooooh....don't you just hate that feeling! And then you think..."no, that didn't just happen" and "how can I fix it" and you just can't. And he looks so innocent, too!

Doreen said...

Oh Newman -- Good thing you are so cute.

D

A New England Life said...

It's a good thing you're cute Newman!

TRIPPER THE PSYKO STRAY CAT said...

I LIKE NEWMAN'S STILE HE KNOWS THE VARY BEST THINGS TO DO TO GIT INTO TRUBBLE!!!! LIFE'S A TRIP!