Wednesday, April 1, 2009

He's Baaaaack!

As we were getting dinner ready last night, Ted looked out the window by the kitchen sink and saw the pileated woodpecker. I don't think we've ever seen him this close to the house!

There was a dead branch farther up this tree, and he was pounding away on it. I was glad the dog wasn't in the yard because pieces of bark were flying everywhere.

Ted also told me the other morning he saw two of them in the woods. My beauty sleep was more important at the time!

Happy April ~


10 comments:

Melissa and Emmitt said...

oh my goodness!

he is amazing!

happy wednesday!

xoxoxo
melissa

The Muse said...

Ah a most handsome fella...
And I am sure you are counting the days till he invites all his friends! LOL

Mikki said...

So cool! Wish we had some around here.

Darlene said...

I LOVE seeing woodpeckers. We get them and when I hear that rat ta tat tat...I start trying to find it. Just beautiful!

~Vintage Nina~ said...

Hi! Thanks for joining my giveaway! I am so glad you found me...so I could find you! Wow what a big woodpecker......how neat that you were able to take a photo of him. I love it in the spring when all the birdies are singing:).
Thnaks again!
HAPPY DAY!!!
~Nina

Pegasus said...

fantastic photos!! Lucky you...I think...not sure I'd want that as an alarm clock!
:0)
Peggy

LittlePeopleWealth said...

What a great picture!

Cocker Spaniel Girls said...

He is cute Laura love seeing woodpeckers busy at work. We don't see them here much in the city in Virginia but did regularly when we lived in Maryland in the woods.

Saucy said...

I have never seen a woodpecker, other than Woody.

A New England Life said...

Looks like you weren't the only one having dinner. I assume he was looking for some yummy treats underneath that bark.

Don't you love watching the Pileated? They are such amazing birds! It's still a thrill everytime I see one.