Friday, April 17, 2009

Beautiful!

Beautiful colon - the best I've seen all day . . . . . that is how the doctor described it!


And to think I now have several pictures of this thing of beauty! I wonder which one I should pick for over the mantle?

The good news? I don't have to do this again for 10 years!

The bad news? The nurse had trouble finding a vein. On the second attempt, as the vein was rolling, I could feel myself starting to pass out. One of the nurses monitoring my blood pressure got a cold rag for my neck. Then I started sweating profusely and came thisclose to blacking out. It was the worst part of the day! Another nurse had to be called in to make the THIRD attempt at getting the IV in. They used a 22 on me - a smaller needle that the anesthesiologists don't like because the fluid goes in slower.

I told Ted to write down that needle size because I'm not going through that torture again! You should see the bruises - not nearly as beautiful as that colon!

I had Ted scan the photos for me and put it on our network so I could get them from my computer. The file name he used? Butt good pictures!

My husband, the comedian!




8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha to Ted. In my photo I saw the allegra I had taken that morning. Makes you wonder if it ever dissolves?! Very clean picture. Congratulations, maybe the Dr. will use it as an example!! BB

Judy said...

What a great colon you have, Laura. Thanks for sharing. Lol! I hope mine looks as good as yours :)

Thanks for the info too.
Judy

A New England Life said...

Oh yeah, that's a beauty alright! lol! Is this the first time you've had it done? I'm dreading the procedure myself but I still have a few years to go, thank goodness.

Glad everything came out okay ; )

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Laura, thanks for stopping by! LOL I think this is the first time I've ever seen a colon posted on a blog...or anywhere for that matter. You're a brave girl! :) I've got to schedule one of these myself, since I'm over 50 now. Yuck!

Darlene said...

I have a couple more years before one of those is recommended! Glad yours is healthy!!!

Pegasus said...

Beautiful photo! Should I scrap it for you? Make you a picture frame? Now that you're in the clear for 10 more years, celebrate! :0)
Peggy

Mikki said...

Well, I'm glad the screening went well. That's awesome. Sorry about the multiple needle pricks though, that's never any fun!

nikkicrumpet said...

Congrats on your gorgeous colon! YAY