Thursday, March 19, 2009

How Time Flies!

Since the weather was beautiful yesterday, and Ted was taking the day off, he suggested a road trip to Georgetown, Kentucky. It is about an hour away - near Lexington.

Georgetown is the home of Georgetown College - my alma mater. I can hardly believe that I graduated 30 years ago this May!

This is the dorm where I lived the entire four years - Flowers Hall. It's interesting to see that some things have changed (we didn't have that volleyball pit), but how being on campus took me back so quickly in my mind to the years that shaped and formed who I am today.

We called it The Quad back in the 70's, but today it is the Robert L. Mills Residence Park. Robert L. Mills was president of the college for a gazillion years, and he retired the year before I graduated. I really wanted his signature on my diploma.

We went through a few antique stores and a huge Peddler's Mall. It was a great day for kicking back and getting ready to welcome spring!


4 comments:

Darlene said...

What a fun trip!

Saucy said...

You know, I am absolutely dying to visit Kentucky. I have had a thing for the Greenup Cheerleaders from Greenup High School in Greenup, Kentucky for years. No kidding!

vwestermeyer said...

Georgetown is about an hour from me too!! What part of KY are you in?

A New England Life said...

Now that is something my hubby would never recommend, a road trip! He might be good with the flowers but he only does road trips on my proddings.

How I wish I went to college Laura. It's so great to hear of your fond memories. It's something to be proud of. I look forward to the day my own girls go, though I don't look forward to the bills. lol! I hope you and Ted had a wonderful day together.