Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A Winter Wonderland

I'm sure I would have enjoyed this ice storm had I been looking at it from a toasty warm house! We have woods behind our home, and it really was the most beautiful sight to see all those tall tree branches covered in glistening ice.


I was worried about my poor Dogwood tree, but once the ice melted, it sprang back up and looks fine!

When the ice started melting, you should have heard all the crackling when it fell off the trees!

The forest looked like something out of a fairy tale. You can't capture the beauty in pictures, and I'm sure many of you have seen it before (be sure to click on pictures to see them full sized). When the sun came out the last few days, the trees were shining and so beautiful. I kept thinking how Vanessa at A Fanciful Twist would have created the most wonderful story surrounding the ice forest!

That silly Phil predicted correctly because we woke up to snowfall this morning! I've got a lot of bird photos to share with you. Luckily, we had two huge bags of birdseed, so they got taken care of and the cats had lots of entertainment while Ted and I kept the fire going! One of my Red Hot friends is still without power. I'm hoping she gets back in her house today.


8 comments:

Mikki said...

Just beautiful!

Lisa Lectura Creations said...

Hi Laura! Magical photos! Wish we had snow here in San Francisco. Thanks for coming to visit! Altered art is addicting! Your paperdoll project with your friends sound so much fun! I know you'll have a great time!

Creative Blessings,
Lisa :)

Doreen said...

Beautiful pictures. Almost makes me sad I missed it. I said "almost."

D

Nancy and the fatties said...

Hey Laura - I saw on the news you guys are getting more snow. Don't you think you've had enough? Shouldn't you send just a LITTLE down here to Texas so we can have a turn? ; ) love the pictures. I hope your friend gets her power back very soon. hug the kitties...

Melissa and Emmitt said...

hi laura!
oh what beautiful pictures you took!
xoxox
melissa

A New England Life said...

My goodness it's cold there! 16 degrees! I hope your friend got her power back today, or came to your house. Glad your tree is okay!

Pretty pictures! And I agree with you, they would look much better from a warm house. When we lost our power, our neighbors house got so cold that at one point they said they were going to open the doors and let the heat IN! lol!

A New England Life said...

Can't wait to see your bird pictures!!!

Darlene said...

The ice really is beautiful but such a pain! I hope your friend got her power back on...that is the worst with it being that cold and no power. Can't wait to see your bird pictures!