Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Red Hot Valentine Time!

Tomorrow night is our Red Hot get-together, and I'm the hostess this month. Our Florida Red Hot isn't going to be in town, but she sent some goodies for all of us. Look at her beautifully crafted envelopes filled with something special. Compare that to the bandana I filled with something and tied in a knot. She definitely wins the prize for better looking goodie bag!

After we eat, we are going to create altered art paperdolls - a type of collage craft.

Doreen created a unique dancing paperdoll and sent it with the goodies. You put her on a pencil and blow her skirt and she twirls like a ballerina. Seeing Doreen with flowing red hair cracked me up!

This is the pattern we all will be using to make our dolls. I hope everyone remembers to bring their own head - LOL!

I can't wait to see how they all turn out, and I'll be showing the finished dolls to you later in the week!



4 comments:

Mikki said...

How funny. I can't wait to see all the finished dancers.
Hey, a goodie in a package, is a goodie in a package--don't matter what the outside looks like.

My little purse I found the directions for in a craft book my mom gave me for my birthday. I'm enjoying trying out some of the ideas. :o)

Pegasus said...

I think this is going to be interesting...a challenge too! Can't wait for the fun! :0)
Peggy

Lisa Lectura Creations said...

Oh Laura! That is fabulous! Looks like you girlies are going to have so much fun! Can't wait to see more!

Creative Blessings,
Lisa :)

A New England Life said...

You Hot ladies are so creative and fun! Glad we can enjoy the silly things you do together, even if it is from a distance!