Saturday, February 14, 2009

Love, Love, Love!

Last night we went to the Louisville Ballet's performance of Cinderella. I was so excited because Cinderella was my favorite! The Cinderella I loved was the Rodgers and Hammerstein's television version starring Leslie Ann Warren and Stuart Damon. Back in the day, the show seemed so fantastic. Of course, when you watch it as an adult, you realize how cheesy it is - but cheesy is good!

The performance last night was spectacular. The sets were beautiful, and the dancing was magical. It was a perfect date to start the valentine weekend!

And then this morning, I got a beautiful necklace! And Ted got boxer shorts that say, Red Hot! Of course, he can't officially be a Red Hot, but he is red hot to me! And yes, I think the man should always spend more money on the present than the woman does!

And even better than that necklace was watching him as he helped me clean the house today. In my book, there is nothing hotter than a man that vacuums!

Happy Valentine's Day ~

7 comments:

Tammy said...

♫ In my own little corner ♫
♫ In my own little chair ♫
♫ I can be whatever I want to be ♫

Loved Cinderella and always will.

That is some serious "bling"
;D

H♥ppy Valentines Day!

BoogersCat said...

Way to go hubby of Laura! Some nice bling indeed! Hope you both have a great Valentine's Day!

nikkicrumpet said...

Sounds lovely....and yes...a man who cleans is VERY SEXY!!! Glad you had a lovely Valentines day!

Karen Nichols said...

Real men vacuum. I bot my hubby the tshirt.

And I LOVED the Leslie Ann Warren Cinderella. I wish they'd broadcast it.

Nancy and the fatties said...

Laura, you were a very good girl this year. That is beautiful! Thank goodness we have our wonderful hubbies to help out around the house. And the critterhelpers too!!!

Pegasus said...

Beautiful necklace!

I loved that version of Cinderella too! Who knew he'd end up on General Hospital!
:0)
Peggy

A New England Life said...

You've GOT to love a man that vacuums!!! Mine does and says he enjoys it! Believe it or not I think he gets it from his father.

What a pretty necklace Laura! Ted is so good to you, and vice versa. You two are always doing something special together : ) Maybe Brent and I will reach that point, someday.