Thursday, February 5, 2009

Go Tweet, Tweet, Tweet

I've got more bird pictures from last week's ice storm. Of course, a few bluejays show up. I think I'd like them more if they didn't run the others off.

There were a few sparrows, and I saw one yellow finch that I wasn't able to photograph, but most of the small birds were hiding.

This is a grackle. They have an iridescent bluish green head and a brownish black body. A whole flock of them stopped by for dinner!

This is the feeder in the front - right outside the living room window. The cats were thoroughly enjoying the view! This is a tufted titmouse - so cute!

A chickadee enjoying a seed!

I'd like to think Mr. Bluejay was looking in the window and thanking me for putting out some food, but I think he was really giving the cats the stink eye!


I love this bird - a dark-eyed junco. They look like someone picked them up and dipped half their body in white paint!


This is a red-bellied woodpecker. I know, it looks like a red-headed woodpecker, but those are different. The red-headed woodpeckers show up at our house too, and at least once a year we get the huge Woody Woodpecker pileated woodpecker - they are so spectacular!

I hope you've enjoyed these birdies!


5 comments:

Pegasus said...

You got fantastic shots!! Love them!
:0)
Peggy

Melissa and Emmitt said...

oh my goodness!
laura! you are a fabulous photographer!
i love the cardinals and the bluejays! wow!
i will miss you while i am gone next week.

xo
melissa

Doreen said...

Great pictures. I think I want to be one of your cats so I can just watch the birds.

D

A New England Life said...

Look at all your birds! Hard to believe they can hold onto a branch when it's covered in ice.

The cardinal is a first year male. You can tell by the mottled look it has. It's full coat of red feathers hasn't come in completely. I guess those birds really needed a good meal! Hope you are enjoying them on a daily basis Laura : )

nikkicrumpet said...

Reminds me I better go fill my feeder lol