Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Always a Fan!

Look what arrived yesterday! This is my small order from the second Girl Scout who came to the door. My twelve boxes from the little Brownie that lives across the street haven't been delivered yet! I know - can you believe I ordered twelve boxes - at $3.50 each?

I plan to give most of them away - my mother-in-law will get some, my mail lady who is so nice to bring packages to the front door - she needs a box, and who knows, I might even do a giveaway on my blog!

For those who aren't in the know when it comes to Girl Scout cookies - there are two companies who make all the cookies for all the Girl Scouts across the country. One company, Little Brownie Bakers, is located in Louisville!

After having been a volunteer at the Girl Scouts of Kentuckiana for what seemed like a gazillion years, I did consulting work for the cookie company. They called me their theme runner! I worked with their marketing department to develop the cookie theme each year into fun activities for the girls and leaders, incentive prizes, and all that good stuff. It was the best job I've ever had!


Newman is a boy who knows the most pawsome cookie when he sniffs it! The Samoa cookie is definitely my favorite. We even named one of our cats after the cookie because she has a caramel spot above her eye.

The only box I've opened so far is one of the new cookies - Dulce de Leche. The jury is still out on whether I'm a fan. It has my fave ingredient - caramel, but it is a little too crunchy for me.

Which cookie is your favorite?


9 comments:

Shauna said...

The Samoa for sure :)

Mikki said...

Haha!! I got my delivery yesterday too. Only seven boxes for me thougn. I love the thin mints. Yummmmmmm!!!!

Pegasus said...

Thin Mints. But, sadly, both ingredients (the mint and the chocolate) are on my no-no list. Actually didn't order any this year. I'll probably donate when I see a booth.
:0)
Peggy

Doreen said...

TAGALONG -- What is better than peanut butter and chocolate. Would you believe my own troop hasn't asked me if I wanted any? Gone a few months and it's Doreen who? I think you understand. hahaha
D

BoogersCat said...

Mmmmmm I love Samoa's (and your cat)

Melissa and Emmitt said...

you know it is almost spring when the gs cookies arrive!

fred ordered 6 boxes oh my!

xoxox
melissa

A New England Life said...

I can't believe no one comes to our door to sell us cookies! However there is usually a booth at the grocery store so we buy a few boxes there.

I love Samoas but still have a soft spot for do-si-do's.

I think it's so cool that you worked for the Girl Scouts company, Laura!

Starchy said...

Thin Mints. I can eat a whole box (or 5) in one sitting without blinking.

Unfortunately I heard on the radio that Keebler something or others are the same thing. Gotta avoid those like the plague for sure!

nikkicrumpet said...

Samoa's and Tagalongs. YUM YUM
And what a cool job that must have been...I have a "theme" for cookies......EAT EM! :)