Monday, January 5, 2009

Temptation Eyes!

It would be nice if this was the only Temptation in the house! My temptations of a cupcake in the refrigerator or some candy in the pantry can't compare to the temptations that face little Newman every day!

Sweet little five month old into everything-climber-doesn't-hear-the-word-no adorable-blue eyed-monster! My little sewing helper who wants to grow up and be on Project Runway.

These look like pretty crystals on a cake plate to us, but to Newman, it is a dangle toy just waiting to be batted and chewed!

This looks like a big plastic bag from JoAnn fabrics to the average person. It's a tent to Newman!

These may look like scissors to you and me, but it's really annoying to have these on the table - Newman thinks they belong on the floor!

And why does the snowman on the table runner insist on wearing those red felt buttons! They must be removed immediately!

And the shabby garland from leftover fleece looks so adorable on my mantle, but you can imagine how long it will remain there if Newman has anything to do with it!

And, no, I'm not 100% stupid to leave burning candles around unsupervised. I'm only 95% stupid in that I burned popcorn last night because the fairly new microwave cooks at the speed of light! Do you know what burned popcorn smells like in your house? I've been carrying the candle from room to room until that smell disappears!



What temptations are you facing today?




9 comments:

Melissa and Emmitt said...

hi laura!
waht a great post! you had me smiling from ear to ear. i love newman!
xo
m & e

Anonymous said...

Newman reminds me of Kevin's terrible two's. No was a challenge word. People adored him when we went out with his curly angel blond hair and blueberry eyes. God made Newman cute for a good reason. pg

Liz said...

I just LOVE Newman's name. Just perfect.

Nancy and the fatties said...

LOL - Newman Kitty you are the baddest. Don't ever change cutey!
xxooo

nikkicrumpet said...

When you're as cute as Newman you can get away with anything! And the whole burned popcorn thing...isn't that the WORST! yuck that smell is so horrible. I hope things get smelling better quickly!

Mikki said...

He's so beautiful!!
Let's see, my only temptations today were: popcorn, chocolate, potato chips, Pepsi. Sadly, I succumbed to each and every one of them.

Darlene said...

Hi Laura,

Newman is just so PRETTY! What a gorgeous kitty. I bet he and my Midnight could cause havoc in a home. All those things and more tempt Midnight!

I don't know why burnt popcorn has such a stench...it really is ridiculous!

The Muse said...

oh your kitty has to meet Ms Boog!
my temptation today is to cave, and eat that fudge..
SAVE ME!

Starchy said...

Ay-law, how adorable is he! Could kittens be any cuter? Or more...well...playful?